top of page
The monastery of Weltenburg was founded at the beginning of the 7th century by the abbot Eustasius, was turned into a Benedictine monastery by Saint Boniface, and was raised to an abbey by Duke Tassilo. The first references to a brewery in the Weltenburg monastery are to be found in the Weltenburg Nekrologium, in which it states that the master brewer died. Another scientifically recognized source is a recorded entry in the „Libellus Traditionum“, which is over 900 years old, and which dates from shortly before or after 1050.
bottom of page